an artist / an artisan
by Myriam Mechita
An artist teams up with a craftsman from Ibiza for a month to explore new gestures on the island.
The residency will take place on two possible dates for the year 2022:
(specify your preferred date when submitting the file)
- from November 15 to December 15, 2022 (place closed to the public)
- from February 15 to March 15, 2023 (place open to the public)
During the residency, the artist will be required to present his work during a meeting with audiences other than those involved in the project, a date will be proposed in accordance with the artist and the place of residence. At the end of the residency, the artist’s work will be presented in two stages in the form of a restitution in collaboration with a gallery in Ibiza, as far as possible and especially the nature of the works produced. As well as a collective exhibition in an institutional location yet to be determined. This exhibition can take place after three years of residency. Other forms of production (music, writing, etc.) may find suitable restitution sites, on a case-by-case basis.
During the residency, a silkscreen will be produced in the proposed workshop, in order to constitute a collection of prints. The prints will remain at the Pandilla, the artist of the second residency session, will work on it like an exquisite corpse The prints will then be divided as follows: 1/3 of the prints: artist in residence from November 15 to December 15, 1/3 of the prints: artist in residence from February 15 to March 15, 1/3 of the prints: the Pandilla.
The residency is open to all artists, no age or career criteria is required.
Families are welcome within the limits of the proposed casita, pets are not allowed.
The amounts of the residence allowances are divided as follows:
- Residence allowance: €1,000 including tax
- Production budget dedicated to the residency and its restitution: €1,000 including tax
- Budget for return transport: maximum 400 euros, tickets will be agreed in advance and taken by the Pandilla, non-exchangeable.
- Food budget 500 euros
- The two winning artists will benefit from the provision of accommodation at the Pandilla for the duration of their residency as well as a 100m2 indoor and outdoor workshop, bicycles are made available
The application file must include the following elements and be in the form of a PDF :
- the duly completed application form,
- a synthetic note of intent (3,000 characters) specifying the motivations of the candidate and describing the artistic co-creation project envisaged with an artisan or other (everything is possible) present in Ibiza
- a portfolio including visuals of works and/or previous exhibitions
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- a copy of the Urssaf certificate proving the artist-author activity (for French artists, or documents proving professional status for French artists and/or registered for tax purposes in another country.
- siret number or any administrative and tax document proving the ability to issue invoices
- a certificate of civil and professional liability insurance.
The documents must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the format of a single PDF (max 6MB) with the subject of the email:
SURNAME First name – Residence application 2022
Application deadline: September 16, 2022 midnight
The results will be announced on September 30, 2022
The winners will accept that their names be published and that a bio as well as photos be put on the Pandilla website (release of image rights)